A Yoga Instructor is a certified yoga teacher who conducts classes with groups of people which involves meditation and yoga poses. A Yoga Instructor guides students to "connect to breath" while conducting a series of physical and mental exercises.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Yoga Instructor Job Description Template
We are looking to employ an experienced and certified Yoga Instructor with knowledge of the history, philosophy, and ethics of yoga. The Yoga Instructor is responsible for performing yoga poses in precise alignment, using the correct terminology, and safely guiding students through the flow of the practice. You should also be knowledgeable in the implementation of the Chakra system and mindful meditation.
To ensure success as a Yoga Instructor, you should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to build relationships, as well as lead yoga sessions. Your passion for health and wellness, coupled with knowledge of the anatomy of the human body and physiology, will ensure success.
Yoga Instructor Responsibilities:
- Conduct and lead yoga classes.
- Visually assess students to determine their level of practice.
- Assist students to achieve precise alignment.
- Demonstrate practice and techniques.
- Possess the ability to move energy through the body.
- Transform energy during the warm-up, build-up and cool-down stages.
- Motivate students with words of encouragement.
- Connect with students during the yoga classes through fun, intelligent sequencing.
- Offer training recommendations to improve the practice of yoga.
- Engage in administrative duties.
Yoga Instructor Requirements:
- Yoga Certification with Yoga Alliance.
- Minimum of 200 hours of experience.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- Education or experience in health and fitness (preferable).
- The art of teaching the Vinyasa Flow.
- Knowledge of the Chakra System, Pranayama, mantra and mindful meditation.
- Business and administration skills.
- Ability to work after-hours, on weekends and public holidays, as needed.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources