Marriage and Family Therapist Job Description Template
We are searching for a culturally congruent marriage and family therapist to consult on local cases. The marriage and family therapist should unveil pressing concerns in liaison with families, and then endeavor to resolve these by harnessing readily-accessible resources. You should also deliver honest, expert testimony to encourage the successful conclusion of pertinent legal cases.
To ensure success as a marriage and family therapist, you should navigate fractured bonds with gentleness as you engender healing. Invariably, a brilliant marriage and family therapist will seek to prioritize group wellbeing without neglecting individual states.
Marriage and Family Therapist Responsibilities:
- Observing and noting your thoughts on intra-familial functioning.
- Elucidating clients' perceptions about disruptions within their structures.
- Clarifying the existence of helpful environmental resources.
- Uncovering latent determinants of dysfunction and then ameliorating such issues.
- Assisting clients with their processing of grief and other variations of negative effects.
- Advising on stabilizing home and schooling provisions.
- Formulating reports for admission as reliable expert evidence.
- Providing balanced expert testimonies once called upon.
Marriage and Family Therapist Requirements:
- Pertinent counseling degree, preferably in marriage and family therapy.
- Appropriate therapist's license.
- Demonstrable experience as a marriage and family therapist.
- Intimately familiar with local ideas about familial interactions.
- Top-notch intervention skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to exude your expertise under cross-examination.
- Impartial, emotionally intelligent, and judicious.