Interview Questions for Marriage and Family Therapists:
1. What utility does the family systems theory have for therapy?
Evaluates familiarity with the salient advantages and pitfalls of family systems theory.
2. How would you treat an instance of deeply-ingrained parental alienation syndrome?
Reviews the capacity to promote restoration through the reframing of consequential familial relationships.
3. Which factors would help you to make custody-related choices?
Examines the number, assortment, and extent of features deemed to be influential.
4. How would you treat someone with vastly different perspectives about the familial unit?
Inspects cultural competence.
5. Why should we build resilience in familial units?
Tests knowledge of the ties between familial resilience plus individual and group health.