Lobbyist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a focused lobbyist to expand our government relations team, assist us with lobbying efforts, and steer company growth. The lobbyist will act as a liaison between clients and the federal government and use communications and media relations approaches in their lobbying efforts. You will grow effective relationships with federal agencies, trade associations, and coalitions involved with clients' agendas. You will strive to influence opinion leaders and take part in advertising campaigns.
To ensure success you need to have outstanding knowledge of the legislative process and have a clear understanding of clients' causes. Top candidates have excellent communication and people skills and are detail-oriented.
- Growing relationships and collaborating with various parties involved with clients' programs.
- Growing and executing lobbying strategies for clients.
- Representing clients before the White House, Congress, and all federal agencies.
- Ensuring clients' policies and positions are shared with government officials and appropriate parties.
- Communicating governmental and other parties' communications and responses to team members and clients.
- Researching and examining legislation and regulatory proposals.
- Attending events and meetings such as congressional hearings.
- Educating government officials and corporate officers.
- Participating in advertising campaigns.
- Working to influence opinion leaders.
- JD, MBA, or relevant degree.
- 3+ years of experience working on Capitol Hill.
- Established relationships on Capitol Hill.
- Registered as a lobbyist.
- Proficient knowledge of legislative processes.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Ability to influence others.
- Available to attend events and meetings outside work hours.