Communications Specialists help businesses by managing all internal and external communication of a company, and represent the company to the outside world. They draft media statements, answer media inquiries, compile publications, plan events and press conferences.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Communications Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a Communications Specialist with exceptional public speaking and writing skills. A Communications Specialist is expected to be a strategic thinker with a meticulous attention to detail, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, Communications Specialists should be innovative, organized and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external role-players.
Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Research and write press releases, and content for the company website, infographics, blogs and newsletters.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles and strategies, and to keep up-to-date with relevant developments.
- Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events.
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with external role-players.
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy.
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players.
Communications Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field (essential).
- A minimum of 2 years experience in communications strategy development (essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven social media and networking expertise.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A portfolio of work available for review.