Networking specialists design, maintain, monitor, and repair computer networks. They ensure that the networks function efficiently by collecting performance data, monitoring security, anticipating problems, and troubleshooting any issues.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Networking Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for an analytical individual to join our team as a networking specialist. The responsibilities of the networking specialist include setting up and maintaining the organization's computer networks, ensuring the lines of communication are in working order, and regularly servicing the networks to prevent any breakdowns.
To be successful as a networking specialist, you should have excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical language. Ultimately, a top-notch networking specialist should be able to work independently or as part of a team and should have an excellent working knowledge of data security.
Networking Specialist Responsibilities:
- Analyzing workflow and security requirements and establishing the network.
- Evaluating network performance issues and installing and testing equipment, connections, and firewalls.
- Defining the policies and procedures for the network.
- Monitoring and analyzing the network and troubleshooting any problems.
- Fine-tuning the network to enhance the performance for users.
- Implementing, monitoring, and evaluating security protocols.
- Training the office staff on the safe and secure use of the network.
- Testing, evaluating, and installing network enhancements to regularly update the network.
- Keeping accurate documentation and records on the network as a whole.
- Participating in educational activities regularly to keep your knowledge up-to-date.
Networking Specialist Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, network technology, software engineering, information security, or a related field.
- Certification in networking may be advantageous.
- Proven work experience as a network administrator or technician.
- Strong working knowledge of access, administration, application server, archival, and configuration management software.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills.
- Physical fitness to lift and carry heavy technical equipment.
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good reasoning and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and time management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources