Network consultants develop and maintain network infrastructure for their clients. They create internet domains, increase server capacity to optimize the flow of information, and maintain secure servers. They also travel to client locations to perform installations and resolve network issues.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Network Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly efficient network consultant to expand and maintain our network infrastructure. You will be analyzing our network's performance, collaborating with internal departments to optimize network capacity, and provide network installation and onsite support.
To ensure success as a network consultant, you should exhibit solid knowledge of network infrastructure and demonstrable experience in a similar role. An outstanding network consultant will be someone whose network optimization expertise enables the efficient and secure exchange of business information.
Network Consultant Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with internal departments to build and maintain network infrastructures that meet business needs.
- Optimizing intranet performance and creating internet domains.
- Increasing server capacity to keep up with demand in the flow of online traffic.
- Testing network protocols and ensuring secure and reliable server connectivity.
- Installing new software and upgrading existing software.
- Training staff, preparing user manuals for network deployment, and providing end-user support.
- Developing and implementing data backup, archiving, and retrieval procedures.
- Testing the flow of data and the strength of communication between routers, modems, computers, and servers.
- Optimizing network security, as well as documenting network installation and maintenance processes.
- Staying informed of developments in network infrastructure and technologies.
Network Consultant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- Microsoft, Cisco, or CompTIA Network certification preferred.
- At least two years' experience in network consultancy.
- Extensive knowledge of network technologies and architecture.
- In-depth knowledge of network security.
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to travel to client locations.
- Availability to provide network support outside of business hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources