Communications Specialists help businesses by managing all internal and external communication of a company, and represent the company to the outside world. They draft media statements, answer media inquiries, compile publications, plan events and press conferences.
Interview Questions for Communications Specialist
1. How did you handle a situation where you had to complete multiple tasks by the end of the day, and there was no conceivable way in which all tasks would be complete?
This question illustrates the candidate’s ability to multitask and prioritize tasks. It also illustrates how the candidate works under pressure.
2. How did you handle a situation where a colleague has failed to adequately communicate about an important matter to you? In what way would you change that situation?
This question illustrates the candidate's ability to identify weaknesses in the communication process and indicates what the candidate is willing to implement in order to ensure effective communication.
3. How did you manage a situation that required you to use your crisis management skills?
This question illustrates the candidate's ability to handle crisis situations.
4. How did you manage a campaign that didn’t perform in the way that you anticipated? What would you have done differently?
This question illustrates the candidate's ability to identify previous weaknesses and how situations such as these may be used as an opportunity to improve.
5. How did you manage dealing with a difficult external role-player? Do you feel the situation could have been dealt with better?
This question illustrates the candidate’s ability to resolve conflict.