Lobbyists are activists who petition government to pass legislation that will benefit their cause. Lobbyists work for labor unions, corporations, lobbying firms and various groups. Top candidates are focused, energetic and knowledgeable. Avoid confused, apathetic applicants.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Lobbyist Interview Questions
1. Would you say you are a people person, and why?
It is impossible to be a successful Lobbyist without having strong people skills. Listen for the applicant to convince you they possess this skill.
2. Could you tell me about your experience working on Capitol Hill, and with whom do you have positive professional relationships there?
The prospective hire's answer will demonstrate their abilities as a Lobbyist, and further demonstrate their people skills.
3. What have your three most prominent achievements as a Lobbyist been?
The applicant's answer will further display their abilities as a Lobbyist.
4. Could you act as an activist for causes you don't believe in, or even those that offend you?
Listen for the candidate's ability to represent all clients effectively and fairly.
5. Where did you display the ability to influence others in past experience?
The applicant needs to convince you of their ability to influence others in their answer to this question.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources