A Leasing Agent assists property owners with leasing their properties to prospective tenants. This may include marketing properties, preparing lease documents and screening prospective tenants to qualify them. This may also include acting as a representative for property owners.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Leasing Agent Job Description Template
We are looking for an enthusiastic, professional Leasing Agent to assist us with marketing and leasing properties. The Leasing Agent will ensure properties are maintained effectively, market properties and screen prospective tenants. You will preserve favorable relations with property owners and tenants, contribute to a positive atmosphere in the office and portray a positive image of the company in your activities. You will oversee and coordinate the orientation of new tenants, and assist with performing office management and clerical tasks.
To be successful you need to balance the needs of property owners with those of tenants, and achieve occupancy and rental goals. Top applicants are proficient multitaskers, organized and have strong people skills.
Leasing Agent Responsibilities:
- Recording and updating details of prospective and existing landlords and tenants into computer database swiftly.
- Examining properties and informing maintenance staff of issues.
- Advertising available properties and conducting property tours as part of marketing activities.
- Screening prospective tenants to ensure they meet eligibility requirements.
- Completing lease applications and assisting with verification of application information.
- Informing prospective tenants of results.
- Inspecting properties when tenants take occupation and vacate.
- Liaising with tenants to provide information and address their complaints and concerns.
- Maintaining and storing documentation effectively.
- Accepting rent payments, security deposits and other applicable fees.
Leasing Agent Requirements:
- High School diploma, GED, or suitable alternative.
- 3+ work experience as a Leasing Agent or similar position.
- Proficient knowledge of real estate industry, property management principles and relevant legislation.
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Available to work extended hours.