Commercial Real Estate Brokers (also known as Commercial Brokers) are professionals who assist their clients in buying, selling or leasing properties for commercial purposes. A Real Estate Broker is similar to a Real Estate agent, but the broker is licensed to manage their own real estate business, whereas the agent must work with Real Estate Brokers.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Job Description
We are looking for a dynamic Real Estate Broker to join our fast-growing firm. The Commercial Real Estate Broker will work as an intermediary on rental properties between owners and potential tenants, oversee property transactions between buyers and sellers, and assist with new business development.
To be successful in this role you must have excellent marketing and people skills, understand the local property market, and be willing to work long hours.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Responsibilities:
- Assist clients in finding suitable non-residential properties to run their business from.
- Assist sellers in promoting their properties to attract qualified buyers in a reasonable amount of time.
- Provide guidance on agreements, mortgages, and market prices.
- Draft legal documents and contracts.
- Coordinate exchanges of ownership.
- Assist with negotiations between buyers and sellers.
- Manage a portfolio of rental properties.
- Fulfill a range of marketing functions, e.g. promoting properties by listing, writing advertisements, or arranging viewings.
- Attend networking functions and occasional workshops.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Requirements:
- A degree is not a prerequisite.
- Training or a qualification in real estate may be strongly desired.
- State licensure is a must.
- Vast knowledge of property law, property specifications, legal guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- A firm grasp of best practices within the industry.
- A minimum of three years' experience in a similar role.
- Self-motivated and honest.