Lawn Care Specialists mow grass, seed lawns, apply fertilizers and pest controls, trim hedges and trees, and advise on maintenance practices. They provide their services to private homes, government and corporate properties, and hospitals, and may work for lawn care companies or themselves.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Lawn Care Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated Lawn Care Specialist to join our team. The Lawn Care Specialist's responsibilities include maintaining the yards of private and corporate clients, mowing lawns, planting grass, applying pesticides, and ensuring that green spaces look beautiful.
To be successful as a Lawn Care Specialist, you should be creative and be able to work well in a team or on your own. Ultimately, a top-notch Lawn Care Specialist is knowledgeable about plant life suitable to the area and has physical strength and stamina.
Lawn Care Specialist Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients and identifying yard maintenance needs.
- Maintaining gardens and flower beds.
- Mowing grass.
- Seeding and fertilizing lawns.
- Trimming hedges and trees.
- Performing routine checkups on clients' yards.
- Maintaining the aesthetic appeal of clients' gardens, yards, and outdoor areas.
- Applying pesticides and preventing weed growth.
- Shoveling snow from walkways, if necessary.
Lawn Care Specialist Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A degree in Landscaping, Horticulture, or related field may be advantageous.
- Experience in lawn care and maintenance.
- Familiarity with lawn care equipment and tools.
- Experience in handling chemicals and a solid understanding of the safe use of pesticides.
- Manual dexterity, physical strength, and stamina.
- Attention to individual and team safety.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources