Law Clerks are legal professionals who advise and assist lawyers and judges. They conduct legal research and analysis, prepare legal documents, compile case materials, and write reports and memoranda in order to prepare lawyers and judges.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Law Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Law Clerk with superb research and organizational skills. Law Clerks are expected to have an outstanding comprehension of existing law in order to clearly articulate legal information.
To ensure success, Law Clerks should be critical thinkers and have exceptional writing skills with a keen interest in fashioning credible legal reports to support lawyers and judges. Top candidates will display precision and accuracy with fantastic time management and listening skills.
Law Clerk Responsibilities:
- Assist and counsel lawyers and judges on their primary duties.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for specific cases.
- Conduct extensive legal researching and analysis.
- Prepare memoranda and briefs with accurate information on specific cases.
- Provide assistance prior and during a court proceeding by preparing for a case and examining the related legal documents.
- Ensure that related case documents are properly ordered and available.
- Attend court sessions in order to listen to and record critical information.
- Supervise the work and activities of courthouse interns.
- Maintain and update law libraries, literature and documentation.
- Perform basic courtroom duties.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments and meetings.
Law Clerk Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (essential).
- Two years of work experience in a legal environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
- Fantastic document management skills.
- Organized with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Flexible schedule with a commitment to attendance.
- Critical thinker who displays accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent comprehension of the law.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.