Kennel Attendant Job Description Template
We are searching for an attentive, doting kennel attendant to oversee the well-being of the animals in our care. The kennel attendant's responsibilities include cleaning cages, administering medication, and providing animals with food and water. You should also communicate diminished functioning to the Veterinarian on call.
To ensure success as a kennel attendant, you should be able to anticipate and tend to the needs of animals. Ultimately, a top-notch kennel attendant will be able to tailor their care according to animals' physical, emotional, and behavioral difficulties.
Kennel Attendant Responsibilities:
- Transporting animals to and from the kennels.
- Ensuring that the animals have ample, fresh food and water at all times.
- Cleaning animal waste, spilled food, hair, and other debris from the kennels.
- Disposing of trash in a timely manner.
- Grooming, playing with and administering treatment to animals under the auspices of the Veterinarian.
- Accompanying animals on walks, if required.
- Calming animals who are in distress.
- Adjusting the air temperature to ensure that the animals remain comfortable.
- Reporting significant changes in functioning to the Veterinarian or medical professional on duty.
- Evacuating all animals if an emergency occurs.
Kennel Attendant Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience caring for animals will be advantageous.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Physically fit and agile.
- Capacity to lift up to 50 pounds unaided.
- A passion for animal welfare.
- Available to work during evenings, and on weekends and public holidays, if required.