Janitorial Supervisor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an efficient Janitorial Supervisor to supervise the work activities performed by our janitorial staff. The janitorial supervisor's responsibilities include scheduling staff shifts, monitoring staff attendance, reporting absences, and conducting staff performance reviews. You should also be able to make recommendations to management regarding promotions, transfers, and dismissals.
To be successful as a janitorial supervisor, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of various cleaning methods and excellent communication skills. Ultimately, an outstanding janitorial supervisor will display effective leadership skills to ensure the timely completion of staffs’ janitorial duties.
Janitorial Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Assigning janitorial duties to staff and regularly inspecting their work to ensure that established standards are met.
- Issuing cleaning supplies and equipment to janitorial staff as needed.
- Taking inventory of all cleaning supplies and equipment and informing management when supplies are depleted.
- Assisting with the screening and hiring of new job applicants.
- Providing training and guidance to janitorial staff.
- Resolving conflicts between janitorial staff in an efficient manner.
- Attending meetings and in-service training sessions as required.
- Performing all janitorial duties necessary in instances of staff shortages.
Janitorial Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Janitorial Supervisor.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of various cleaning methods.
- The ability to lift heavy equipment.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.