Also referred to as information technology coordinators, IT coordinators provide IT support to the staff and contractors of a company. Their main duties include managing server applications, cloud-based services, and portable devices, as well as restoring lost data and creating instructions for program installation sequences.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
IT Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dynamic IT coordinator to join our company. In this role, you'll be responsible for installations and upgrades on our company's computers, tablets, and smartphones. You will also provide our staff with training on using hardware, software, and cloud-based services.
To ensure success as an IT coordinator, you should display the strong technical aptitude needed to help staff solve their technical issues as quickly as possible. Ultimately, an outstanding IT coordinator should be able to thrive in the rapidly changing industry of information technology.
IT Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Managing and maintaining a company's technological equipment, such as computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- Ensuring that company devices interconnect with file servers, email servers, and financial systems seamlessly.
- Installing, upgrading, and managing software and hardware on company devices.
- Managing all software licensing.
- Keeping an inventory of all company electronic assets.
- Providing staff with training on how to use hardware, software, and cloud-based services.
- Creating instructions for program installation sequences.
- Performing backups and restoring lost data as needed.
- Evaluating and recommending software purchases to the IT manager.
IT Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer technology, or a similar field.
- At least two years' experience as an IT coordinator or related role.
- Expertise in IT tools and concepts, such as operating systems and internet protocol suites.
- Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 2016, 2019, or Office 365.
- Expertise in configuring and managing Apple iOS and Android devices.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with technical and non-technical personnel.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources