Also known as Network Architects, IT Architects, design, deploy, and maintain computer systems for companies, organizations, and individual users. Their job is to assess the system requirements of the company or individual and design scalable computer networks to meet their specifications.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Network Architect Job Description Template
We are looking for a talented Network Architect to design and deploy scalable computer networks for our clients. You will be responsible for assessing the needs of the client, designing and implementing computer networking systems, and maintaining network security. You may also be required to prepare cost analysis reports and train IT staff.
To ensure success as a Network Architect, you should have advanced knowledge of computer design software, excellent troubleshooting skills, and the ability to manage projects. A top-class Network Architect should be able to create realistic and scalable computer system design models that fit the client’s budget and system requirements.
Network Architect Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss their system and networking requirements.
- Assessing the quality and flexibility of their current systems.
- Evaluating current security protocols.
- Using computer design software to develop networking and system models.
- Drafting system budgets and network cost analysis sheets.
- Creating and presenting computer system reports with visualizations and software models.
- Overseeing the implementation of network structures and security features.
- Testing the performance of upgraded or newly installed systems for performance, scalability and security.
- Training IT staff and responding to client requests in a timely manner.
Network Architect Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a similar field.
- Proven experience working as a Network Architect.
- Detailed knowledge of WAN and LAN networking systems and software.
- Good understanding of software engineering principals.
- Proficient with computer and networking design software including eDraw, LanFlow, and Microsoft Visio.
- Knowledge of computer hardware systems including server modules, cooling systems, memory chips and processors.
- Excellent analytical and design skills.
- Detail-oriented with advanced project management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources