Investment Consultant Job Description Template
We are seeking a financial ace with excellent interpersonal skills for the role of an investment consultant. The investment consultant will be responsible for working with clients to understand their investment goals, consistently monitoring investment markets and client portfolios, managing and preparing for risk, and making adjustments to investment strategies.
A successful investment consultant will be highly analytical and have a mind for strategy while possessing good client-facing skills as well as good written and verbal communication.
Investment Consultant Responsibilities:
- Working with clients to identify their unique investment goals.
- Formulating investment strategies based on client goals.
- Issuing client documents, including monthly or yearly portfolio reports.
- Managing client documents for tax reporting.
- Suggesting investment products based on client needs.
- Analyzing various markets and conducting research.
- Making adjustments to client investments over time, such as switching to a lower-risk investment as a client reaches retirement age.
- Communicating openly, consistently, and honestly with clients and always keeping them informed about changes to your investment strategy.
Investment Consultant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related discipline.
- FINRA license.
- 2–8 years' experience in a finance position.
- Expertise in tax financial regulation laws.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident decision-making abilities.
- Analytical mind with good problem-solving skills.