Insurance Agents are responsible for identifying sales opportunities for insurance plans and overseeing a portfolio of clients. Also known as Insurance Sales Agents, these professionals are responsible for identifying risk management strategies, handling policy renewals, and tracking claims.
Insurance Agent Job Description Template:
Our growing insurance company is currently searching for a highly-analytical and professional Insurance Agent to join our team. If you’re a talented and sales-minded professional with a passion for the insurance industry, then we’re interested in you. Your chief goal as our Insurance Agent will be to generate new business by contacting potential customers and building lasting relationships.
Your work will include maintaining records, developing payment methods, and distributing policy proceeds. In addition to having excellent communication skills, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Calculate dividends and create payment methods.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with prospective clients from various sources such as networking, cold calling, and referrals.
- Distribute policy proceeds after a claim is submitted and approved.
- Recommend risk management strategies that fit clients' personal risk profiles.
- Prepare and present detailed reports on the progress of initiatives to management.
- Complete administrative tasks including maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Track insurance claims to ensure client and company satisfaction.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of different policies to promote the sale of insurance plans.
- Create and implement marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or insurance companies.
- Respond to clients’ insurance-related questions and issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in insurance sales or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of the different types of insurance plans including vehicle, home, and business.
- Outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in computers and statistical analysis software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.