Underwriters are financial specialists who represent banks, insurance or investment houses. They guarantee payment in case of damage or financial loss in return for a fee, premium or commission, and accept the financial risk for liability arising from such guarantee.
Underwriter Interview Questions
1. How would you approach assessing and compiling a quote with a tight deadline?
This tests the candidate’s ability to work under pressure.
2. What process do you follow when reviewing a new application?
This illustrates the candidate’s organizational ability.
3. In what way have your research skills improved your work?
This tests the value of the candidate’s ability to conduct effective research when compiling quotes.
4. How do you handle an interaction with a difficult broker?
This illustrates the candidate’s interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability.
5. How has your judgment prevented losses for your organization?
This illustrates the candidate’s ability to make sound and reasonable judgment.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources