Insurance Broker Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced insurance broker to expand our client base. As an insurance broker, you will be responsible for selling insurance plans to new customers, up-selling plans to existing customers, and cultivating lasting relationships.
To ensure success as an insurance broker, you should have extensive knowledge of available insurance products, a passion for sales, and excellent interpersonal skills. A top-notch insurance broker creates lasting and trusting relationships with clients by finding them the best product for their needs.
Insurance Broker Responsibilities:
- Creating marketing initiatives to attract new clients.
- Meeting with potential clients to discuss their insurance needs.
- Researching all the available policy options for the client.
- Negotiating with underwriters to get the best policy at the best price.
- Presenting policy details to the client and signing the policy agreement.
- Collecting premiums.
- Processing client accounts.
- Advising clients on risk management initiatives.
- Advising clients on when and how to make a claim on their policy.
- Preparing reports for underwriters.
- Updating existing policies.
- Maintaining client relationships.
Insurance Broker Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business management.
- Proven work experience as an insurance broker.
- A passion for sales.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance products.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of office and accounting software.
- High-level negotiating skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced mathematical skills.