Inside Sales Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to employ an experienced inside sales manager to manage our inside sales team and ensure that inside sales operations run smoothly. The inside sales manager’s responsibilities include providing ongoing professional development opportunities for the inside sales staff, motivating the sales staff to achieve sales targets, and developing an effective step-by-step process of nurturing leads and closing sales. You should also be able to utilize market analysis tools to determine customer behavior, market trends, and competitor activity.
To be successful as an inside sales manager, you should have strong leadership skills and ensure that inside sales employees comply with company policies. Ultimately, an exceptional Inside Sales Manager should be able to communicate effectively with inside sales employees and customers as well as demonstrate excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
Inside Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training, and supervising members of the inside sales team.
- Educating inside sales staff on effectively answering common customer questions.
- Collaborating with the marketing department to ensure that the inside sales staff receive quality leads to pursue.
- Maintaining an accurate record of all leads and actual sales.
- Preparing accurate sales forecasts to assist the company in making sound business decisions.
- Regularly evaluating the performance of the inside sales team.
- Evaluating current sales practices and procedures to determine whether they are effective in generating sales.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to current sales practices and procedures as needed.
- Addressing and resolving customer complaints.
Inside Sales Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, business management, or related field.
- Accredited inside sales manager (AISM) and Certified inside sales professional (CISP) accreditations are advantageous.
- Proven experience working as an Inside Sales Manager.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.