Also known as Industrial Maintenance Machinists, Industrial Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for the installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of industrial equipment in factories, plants, and other manufacturing settings. They often work with a range of systems, including electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Job Description Template
We are seeking a reliable Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to ensure the optimal functioning of all equipment and machines at our facility. The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic's responsibilities include identifying faulty equipment, making relevant adjustments to machinery, carrying out maintenance tasks in a conservative manner, communicating problems to staff, and maintaining technical knowledge through refresher workshops.
To be successful as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, you should have a passion for understanding how things work and have sharp senses that help you locate minor faults quickly. An outstanding Industrial Maintenance Mechanic should stay physically strong and fit, and also remain informed on developments in their field.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and installing all electrical, mechanic, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Locating problems through close observation of machinery and staff practices.
- Performing careful inventory and stock checks, and placing orders for required material and equipment.
- Collecting and analyzing data for written reports.
- Attending daily meetings and scheduling training workshops where required.
- Sourcing replacement parts and liaising with vendors.
- Controlling downtime by communicating with staff and implementing contingency measures.
- Ensuring all procedures and processes adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with training of all new hires.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Requirements:
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or any relevant Engineering discipline.
- Great mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Critical and logical thinking ability.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Good strength and stamina.
- Ability to remain calm and act responsibly during emergencies.
- Driver's license and willingness to work overtime if necessary.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources