Heavy Equipment Mechanics, also known as Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics, are industry mechanics who specialize in working with heavy machinery used in construction, farming, and railway transport. They work with the biggest engines, inspecting, servicing, and repairing any damage to the engine or vehicle.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic to inspect, service, and maintain our range of heavy-duty construction equipment. As a lead mechanic, you will be responsible for driving to the job site, inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to the construction fleet.
To ensure success as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic, you should have proven experience working with heavy machinery, be physically fit, and be able to troubleshoot issues on the job site. Ultimately, a top-notch Heavy Equipment Mechanic can repair and service even the biggest machinery with expert care.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Driving to the job site.
- Inspecting trucks, cranes, bulldozers, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Repairing damaged equipment parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like winches, blades, and side booms.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Proven work experience as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Ability to lift heavy machinery.
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and construction equipment.
- Ability to work after-hours if required.
- Good communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources