Interview Questions for Heavy Equipment Mechanics:
1. How do you diagnose malfunctions in large trucks or construction machines?
Indicates knowledge of computer testing systems and experience in the field.
2. What was the biggest repair job you completed on a job site?
Shows the full capabilities of what the candidate can achieve.
3. What procedures do you use to conduct a routine engine service?
Displays the candidate’s knowledge of mechanical best practices.
4. What do you think is the most challenging part of completing an engine overhaul?
Displays knowledge of engine design and highlights potential weaknesses.
5. What would you do if you could not find out why a crane had a hydraulic malfunction?
Indicates the candidate’s willingness to ask for additional help and troubleshoot as a team.