Industrial Engineers design production layouts and processes with the purpose of increasing productivity, eliminating wastefulness, reducing costs, and ensuring quality standards are maintained.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Industrial Engineer Job Description
We are looking for a detail-oriented Industrial Engineer to monitor our current operations and determine more efficient production processes. The Industrial Engineer's responsibilities include analyzing operations, designing workflows and production processes, reducing inefficiency, and ensuring that final products meet the established quality standards.
To be successful as an Industrial Engineer you should be able to design systems that maximize productivity, reduce wastefulness and production issues, are cost-efficient, and ensure high product quality.
Industrial Engineer Responsibilities:
- Reviewing production schedules, processes, specifications, and related information.
- Designing production processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Developing and implementing process improvements and technological upgrades.
- Designing control systems to minimize costs and production issues.
- Developing design and production standards in cooperation with management and user personnel.
- Preparing material and equipment lists, purchase orders, cost analyses, and estimated production costs.
- Designing the layout of facilities and determining personnel requirements.
- Training staff for new processes and providing instructions and manuals.
- Managing process documentation and preparing production reports.
Industrial Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in industrial engineering or related field required.
- Relevant work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of production machinery, processes, and standards.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
- Documentation and organization skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources