Immigration Paralegals assist immigration attorneys with visa and permanent residency applications. They process applications, prepare petition packages for review, and maintain case files. They are also required to keep clients informed of progress made with their cases.
When interviewing Immigration Paralegals, look for candidates with demonstrable knowledge of immigration requirements and experience at a law firm. Avoid candidates who lack the ability to work as part of a team and those with limited communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Immigration Paralegals:
1. In your experience, why might permanent residency applications fail?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and reveals whether relevant reasons are identified.
2. Tell me about your steps for preparing a visa petition?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge and whether they propose appropriate steps.
3. Which immigration database management software would you recommend? Why?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience with industry software and reveals knowledge of its application.
4. Can you share some of your tips for prioritizing caseload tasks?
Reveals the candidate's experience and whether they prioritize appropriate tasks.
5. A client demands case updates from a busy attorney. How do you respond?
Tests the candidate's problem-solving skills and whether they respond in a professional manner.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources