Immigration Paralegal Job Description Template
We are seeking a knowledgeable Immigration Paralegal to assist us with our immigration caseload. In this role, your duties will include preparing permanent residency applications, processing intakes, and maintaining immigration case data. You will also be required to report to the Immigration Program Manager.
To ensure success as an immigration paralegal, you should exhibit experience working under the supervision of a licensed attorney and knowledge of immigration applications. Top-notch immigration paralegals are team players who provide excellent caseload support to immigration attorneys.
Immigration Paralegal Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the immigration program manager.
- Collaborating with the Regional Paralegal Manager and immigration attorneys.
- Managing the caseload from intake through processing and filing.
- Preparing applications for permanent residency and secondary benefits for foreign nationals.
- Processing and filing nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions.
- Organizing petition packets for review and filing.
- Gathering application and petition information from external parties.
- Keeping clients apprised of the progress of their cases.
- Maintaining hard copy files and entering data into an immigration case management system.
- Responding to immigration inquiries in a timely manner and adhering to submission deadlines.
Immigration Paralegal Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or post-secondary program with law-related coursework.
- State-approved accredited paralegal certification.
- 2 years of law-related work experience under the supervision of a licensed attorney.
- Ability to collaborate with immigration attorneys and regional paralegal managers.
- Extensive knowledge of visa, permanent residency, and secondary benefit applications.
- Experience in preparing petition packages for review and filling.
- Ability to manage immigration inquiries, gather required information, and keep clients informed of progress.
- Proficiency in legal terminology and immigration database software, such as LawLogix and eIMMIGRATION.
- Exceptional recordkeeping and communication skills.