Interview Questions for Patent Paralegals:
1. Can you describe tasks you would perform to assist attorneys with file reviews?
Reveals the candidate's experience and whether the tasks they describe, aligns with expectations.
2. In your experience, why might patent applications not succeed?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and reveals their knowledge of patent law.
3. Can you explain your steps for preparing a docket report?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge and whether they propose appropriate steps.
4. Which databases have you found useful to perform patent research?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of public and private IP databases and reveals their research abilities.
5. What has been the most challenging task you have successfully completed?
Shows the candidate's experience, critical thinking skills, and ability to overcome problems.