Patent Paralegals provide administrative support to attorneys specializing in patent law. They maintain Intellectual Property (IP) records, review dockets, and assist attorneys with patent filing. They are also required to communicate with patent authorities and foreign associates.
When interviewing Patent Paralegals, look for candidates with demonstrable knowledge of IP law procedures and experience in a similar role. Be wary of candidates who lack the ability to work independently and those with limited communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Patent Paralegals:
1. Can you describe tasks you would perform to assist attorneys with file reviews?
Reveals the candidate's experience and whether the tasks they describe, aligns with expectations.
2. In your experience, why might patent applications not succeed?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and reveals their knowledge of patent law.
3. Can you explain your steps for preparing a docket report?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge and whether they propose appropriate steps.
4. Which databases have you found useful to perform patent research?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of public and private IP databases and reveals their research abilities.
5. What has been the most challenging task you have successfully completed?
Shows the candidate's experience, critical thinking skills, and their ability to overcome problems.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources