From $79.00 /post.
Resume database access
Job board syndication
IllinoisJobBoard.com is a popular job board that currently lists more than 30,000 jobs across a wide range of fields. The job board lists positions across the country, making it less of a niche, region-specific portal than it appears to be.
Its pricing is the most affordable among its competitors and it has a host of useful features, including screening questionnaires to filter applicants and a candidate resume database.
- Businesses can target their job posts by state and city, making it easy to find location-specific candidates.
- Employers have access to applicant tracking tools.
- Insightful statistics tell employers how many people have viewed their listings and how many engaged with them.
- Employers can post multiple jobs at a time at a discounted rate.
- Jobs can be sent to the USJobNetwork family of job boards for increased exposure.
- Employers can create custom questionnaires that screen candidates on their suitability for the role.
- Applicants can be scored on these questionnaires and ranked according to their scores.
- The candidate resume database is searchable by keywords that help narrow down candidates.
- Employers can brand their profile page and add logos, links to their social media pages, and more.
- Companies can create multiple sub-profiles for different members of their recruiting team to manage.
- A wide range of payment processors are available, including Visa, PayPal, American Express, and more.
- IllinoisJobBoard.com is more affordable than rival job boards ChicagoJobs.com and Chicago Tribune - Jobs.
- There are no free job posting options.
- There are over 30,000 jobs listed on the job board, yet most of them are for job seekers outside of Illinois.
- The company can only be reached via telephone. There is no company email address.
- The website has an outdated design that makes it seem untrustworthy.
- Access to a candidate resume database comes at an additional cost.
We were unable to find any online reviews of IllinoisJobBoard.com.
Niche Industry Job Posting (60-days)
State Job Posting (60-days)
Regional Job Posting (60-days)
National Job Posting (60-days)
3 Pack of Niche Industry Job Postings
3 Pack of State Job Postings
3 Pack of Regional Job Postings
3 Pack of National Job Postings
Contact for quote.
*The company offers discounts for bulk posting.
How to Post a Job on IllinoisJobBoard.com:
Seven easy steps for posting a job on IllinoisJobBoard.com.
Posting a job on IllinoisJobBoard.com.
Go to the IllinoisJobBoard.com home page.
Navigate to illinoisjobboard.com and click on "Post Job" in the top-right corner of the home page.
Create an account.
Click on the "Create New Employer Account" button in the popup box and fill in your details to create an account. Click on "Register" toward the bottom of the page. Use the "Sign in" tab if you already have an account.
Create your job post.
Fill in details such as the job title, industry, job description, location, and more. Click on the "Purchase" button.
Choose a region to post to.
Select the region in which you want to advertise your job by ticking the box next to your choice, or select "Post to all Websites" if you want maximum exposure.
Add a questionnaire (optional).
Employers have the option to add a questionnaire to score and filter out unsuitable candidates. Right beneath the "Job Description" text box are the assessment questionnaire settings. Right-click on the "add/edit questionnaires" link to create a questionnaire in a new tab.
On the next page, click on the red "Add" button.
Fill in the details including a question name, score, and email text to candidates.
Click on "Save" to save your question. All questions will automatically be added to your job post. You can add as many questions as you like. Go back to your job creation tab to continue the process.
Choose a posting package.
Choose a job posting option that suits your budget and hiring needs. In the "Quantity" column, specify the number of packages you want to purchase.
Note that this is not the same as choosing a number of job posts. Some job packages come with multiple job posts. If you want one job post, write "1" in the box. If you want one "3 Pack," write "1" in the box next to the relevant 3-pack package. Then, click on the red "Proceed" button.
Pay for your job post.
Enter your PayPal details to pay for your order. This completes the process.
IllinoisJobBoard.com vs. ChicagoJobs.com:
At $325.00 per job post, ChicagoJobs.com is considerably costlier than IllinoisJobBoard.com's $79.00 starting price. Yet, while IllinoisJobBoard.com lists over 30,000 jobs, ChicagoJobs.com currently lists only 14. IllinoisJobBoard.com is a much more popular platform and costs less to advertise on.
IllinoisJobBoard.com vs. Chicago Tribune - Jobs:
Both Chicago Tribune Jobs and IllinoisJobBoard.com brand themselves as region-specific job boards, yet both platforms list more jobs outside of Chicago and Illinois respectively. The former is the costlier option because it lists your job post on a massive network of job boards with a wide audience, giving them a far greater reach.
IllinoisJobBoard.com vs. Built in Chicago:
Built in Chicago specializes in tech and startup talent in Chicago, while IllinoisJobBoard.com is a general job posting site. Employers looking for tech and startup talent in the city are better off using Built in Chicago, but if you're looking for different roles, then IllinoisJobBoard.com is a great job board with advanced recruiting features.
What is IllinoisJobBoard.com?
IllinoisJobBoard.com is a general job portal that lists jobs across all fields and industries. Despite its branding, IllinoisJobBoard.com advertises vacancies to job seekers across the country. There is no emphasis on jobs in the state of Illinois. They are an affordable option that offers plenty of recruiting value.
What does it cost to post a job on IllinoisJobBoard.com?
IllinoisJobBoard.com's pricing ranges from $79.00 to $350.00 per post, with discounts for multiple job posts and an additional cost for resume purchases.