HVAC Helper Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled individual to join our team as an HVAC helper. The responsibilities of the HVAC helper include performing routine maintenance, replacing parts, repairing machinery, and furnishing the HVAC technicians with tools, materials, and supplies.
To be successful as an HVAC helper, you should have a strong working knowledge of HVAC systems as well as the tools related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of these systems. Ultimately, a top-notch HVAC helper should be physically fit, good with their hands, and able to effectively follow instructions.
HVAC Helper Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the installation of HVAC systems on commercial and residential properties.
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing roof units for heating and air conditioning as well as the units inside residential and commercial buildings.
- Operating a variety of hand and power tools needed for HVAC installation.
- Cleaning and replacing air ducts.
- Following instructions for picking up and delivering parts, tools, materials, and supplies to and from the job site.
- Ensuring all tools, materials, and equipment are in good working order.
- Completing preventative maintenance on HVAC systems and the associated equipment.
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing plumbing and electrical systems.
- Coordinating with team members to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensuring all HVAC systems remain compliant with industry standards and regulations.
HVAC Helper Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a relevant apprenticeship may be advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge of HVAC systems and their inner workings.
- Familiarity with all tools and equipment necessary for HVAC installation and maintenance.
- Physical fitness and manual dexterity.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Good communication and customer service skills.