House Sitters take care of homeowners' properties while they are away in return for free accommodation and utilities as well as income, should it be agreed upon. They perform basic housecleaning duties, water indoor plants, and collect homeowners’ mail.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
House Sitter Job Description Template
We are looking for a reliable, trustworthy House Sitter to take care of homeowners’ properties and pets while they are away. The House Sitter’s responsibilities include collecting and organizing homeowners’ mail, periodically turning house lights on and off, as well as monitoring surveillance footage to take note of and report any suspicious activity occurring around or outside of homeowners’ houses. You should also ensure that all household appliances are left in good working order.
To be successful as a House Sitter, you should be able to follow homeowners' instructions and act quickly in the event of an emergency. Ultimately, an outstanding House Sitter should demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills as well as achieve exceptional customer service at all times.
House Sitter Responsibilities:
- Appropriately securing homeowners’ houses at the end of each day, which includes shutting windows, closing curtains or blinds, locking doors, and setting up alarm systems.
- Performing basic housecleaning duties, which includes mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, and dusting as needed.
- Performing pool maintenance tasks, which includes skimming leaves and debris off the surface, scrubbing the sides of the pool, cleaning out the filter basket, as well as testing and adjusting water chemical levels.
- Watering indoor plants in accordance with the instructions provided by homeowners.
- Answering telephone calls, providing information authorized by homeowners, and relaying important information to homeowners.
- Washing and changing bedding at the end of each house sitting job.
- Contacting the appropriate service providers to repair problematic plumbing and air conditioning systems.
- Caring for homeowners’ pets as required, which includes providing them with food and water, cleaning up after them, and scheduling veterinarian appointments should they fall ill.
House Sitter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Proven house sitting experience.
- A clean background.
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Honest and reliable.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources