House Cleaners perform thorough cleanings of houses using cleaning supplies and equipment that they, or the cleaning agency for which they may work, own. They clean according to scheduled times set by a homeowner.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
House Cleaner Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a hard-working House Cleaner to perform deep cleaning duties. The House Cleaner’s responsibilities include scrubbing kitchen fixtures, vacuuming and mopping floors, and steam-cleaning upholstery. You should also be able to remove grease, mineral deposits and soap scum from various surfaces.
To be successful as a House Cleaner, you should be able to occasionally work in a team when cleaning larger houses. Ultimately, a top-performing House Cleaner should be able to complete all tasks to the homeowner’s satisfaction within a given time.
House Cleaner Responsibilities:
- Meeting with homeowners to discuss their expectations and preferences.
- Responding to homeowners' inquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
- Informing homeowners of any accidents that may occur during the course of cleaning.
- Scrubbing and sanitizing bathrooms, toilets, showers, and sinks.
- Scrubbing and sanitizing all kitchen fixtures and appliances.
- Dusting ceilings, light fixtures, picture frames, tables, and chairs.
- Spot cleaning doors and frames.
- Vacuuming and mopping all types of flooring.
- Performing interior window cleanings.
- Vacuuming carpets and steam-cleaning upholstery.
House Cleaner Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Proven experience house cleaning.
- Sound knowledge of cleaning supplies and cleaning techniques.
- The ability to follow instructions.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to adapt to changing schedules.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources