House Cleaner Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a hard-working house cleaner to perform deep cleaning duties. The house cleaner’s responsibilities include scrubbing kitchen fixtures, vacuuming and mopping floors, and steam-cleaning upholstery. You should also be able to remove grease, mineral deposits and soap scum from various surfaces.
To be successful as a house cleaner, you should be able to occasionally work in a team when cleaning larger houses. Ultimately, a top-performing house cleaner should be able to complete all tasks to the homeowner’s satisfaction within a given time.
House Cleaner Responsibilities:
- Meeting with homeowners to discuss their expectations and preferences.
- Responding to homeowners' inquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
- Informing homeowners of any accidents that may occur during the course of cleaning.
- Scrubbing and sanitizing bathrooms, toilets, showers, and sinks.
- Scrubbing and sanitizing all kitchen fixtures and appliances.
- Dusting ceilings, light fixtures, picture frames, tables, and chairs.
- Spot cleaning doors and frames.
- Vacuuming and mopping all types of flooring.
- Performing interior window cleanings.
- Vacuuming carpets and steam-cleaning upholstery.
House Cleaner Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Proven experience house cleaning.
- Sound knowledge of cleaning supplies and cleaning techniques.
- The ability to follow instructions.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to adapt to changing schedules.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Punctual and reliable.