Hospital Secretary Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic hospital secretary to join our company. In this role, your duties will include scheduling patient appointments and procedures, processing patient billing and medical insurance claims, recording patients' medical histories, and keeping track of inventories.
To ensure success as a hospital secretary, you should display meticulous attention to detail and excellent knowledge of medical terminology, as well as medical billing procedures. Ultimately, a top-notch hospital secretary should be a driven, organized individual with a knack for patient care and administration.
Hospital Secretary Responsibilities:
- Answering incoming phone calls and emails, as well as accurately conveying messages.
- Assisting patients with forms and other administrative procedures.
- Scheduling and confirming medical appointments.
- Recording and filing patients' information, such as personal particulars, medical history, and insurance details.
- Processing patient billing and assisting with insurance claims.
- Maintaining an organized filing system and keeping all records of medical information confidential.
- Scheduling staff meetings for physicians, nurses, and other medical team members.
- Maintaining inventories and ordering supplies as needed.
Hospital Secretary Requirements:
- A high school or GED diploma.
- At least two years' experience working in a medical office environment.
- Sound knowledge of relevant medical terminology, processes, and practices.
- Knowledge of patient management software, such as RXNT and Kareo Billing.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to process a large amount of medical data on a daily basis.
- Proficiency in the medical billing process and working knowledge of health insurance policies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A friendly, approachable demeanor that will make patients feel welcome and at ease.