Also known as a Home Health Aide, Home Health Nurses administer care to patients in their homes, assisting with illnesses and injuries. Responsibilities of a Home Health Nurse include ensuring that patients take medicine, helping patients with daily tasks and monitoring vital signs.
When interviewing Home Health Nurses the ideal candidate will display empathy in a professional way and have patience in stressful situations. Be wary of candidates who are impatient and have poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Home Health Nurses
1. How do you handle difficult patients? How do you deal with resistance?
Tests interpersonal skills.
2. Have you ever struggled to find a solution to a patient's health problem? What did you do?
Demonstrates critical thinking skills, the ability to determine the best course of action, and consideration for the patient's needs.
3. Have you ever had to relay bad news to a patient regarding their health? How did you handle the situation?
Demonstrates candidate's compassion for patients and interpersonal skills.
4. Describe a time when you noticed that a client's health was deteriorating. How did you handle the situation?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of how to handle difficult situations, how they report concerns, and how they treat the client.
5. Why did you become a Home Health Nurse? What about the job appeals to you?
Reveals more about the candidate's personality. Look for candidates who exhibit kindness and empathy.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources