Interview Questions for Home Care Nurses:
1. Can you describe how you would conduct a visit with a patient who’s just had surgery?
Reveals more about candidates and their methods.
2. What would you include in a report to a doctor after seeing your patient?
Tests knowledge of the role, as well as the organization and report writing skills.
3. The patient’s condition is deteriorating at home. How do you proceed?
Highlights problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
4. What is the greatest challenge you’ve faced in your career so far?
Demonstrates skillset, experience level, and also highlights potential weaknesses and strengths.
5. What do you think are the most important traits a home care nurse should have?
Tests candidates’ understanding of the role and their overall suitability for the position.