Home Care Nurses provide in-home care to patients under the supervision of a doctor. They perform routine visits where they monitor and manage surgery aftercare or provide assistance to bedridden patients. Home Care Nurses give advice to families and also compile reports for physicians.
When interviewing Home Care Nurses, look for candidates who demonstrate compassion and strive to make a difference in the lives of others. Be wary of those who do not take initiative and require constant supervision.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Home Care Nurses:
1. Can you describe how you would conduct a visit with a patient who’s just had surgery?
Reveals more about candidates and their methods.
2. What would you include in a report to a doctor after seeing your patient?
Tests knowledge of the role, as well as organization and report writing skills.
3. The patient’s condition is deteriorating at home. How do you proceed?
Highlights problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
4. What is the greatest challenge you’ve faced in your career so far?
Demonstrates skillset, experience level, and also highlights potential weaknesses and strengths.
5. What do you think are the most important traits a Home Care Nurse should have?
Tests candidates’ understanding of the role and their overall suitability for the position.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources