Help Desk Analysts diagnose and remedy problems with people's computer-related equipment. Iterations of this title include Service Desk Analyst, Help Desk Technician, Desktop Support Technician, and Support Specialist.
When interviewing Help Desk Analysts, the strongest candidate will demonstrate a pragmatic and flexible approach to service provision. Avoid candidates who cannot triage requests for assistance.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Help Desk Analysts:
1. How would you gather IT-related requests from staff?
Tests knowledge about pertinent software.
2. Why might a computer be switching off sporadically?
Examines troubleshooting skills.
3. What would you do if you needed to install essential updates while someone was using their computer?
Illustrates problem-solving techniques and communication style.
4. How would you help a coworker who kept asking for the same support?
Reveals the ability to provide practical support that promotes self-sufficiency.
5. When would you conduct inspections on our infrastructure?
Highlights expectations about the maintenance of IT-related equipment.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources