We are looking for a tech-savvy help desk technician to be responsible for providing technical assistance with computer systems, hardware, and software. As a help desk technician, you are responsible for responding to email, chat, or phone queries and offering technical support to customers using computer systems, hardware, and software.
To be a successful help desk technician, you should be well-versed in all aspects of computer systems configuration, set up, and maintenance. You should also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Help Desk Technician Responsibilities:
- Responding to queries on the phone, via email, in person, or through remote access.
- Offering technical assistance on the delivery, configuration, set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Training computer users.
- Training other staff on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Gaining feedback from customers to improve training methods.
- Writing and editing training manuals.
- Running reports and analyzing common complaints and problems.
Help Desk Technician Requirements:
- An Associate's degree in computer science or related field.
- A strong working knowledge of computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Good problem-solving, analytical, and team-working skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An openness to learning new technologies.