A Help Desk Technician provides technical support and assistance, whether on the phone, in person, or remotely, related to computer systems, hardware and software. A Help Desk Technician responds to customer queries to provide technical assistance.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
We are looking for a tech-savvy Help Desk Technician to be responsible for providing technical assistance with computer systems, hardware, and software. As a Help Desk Technician, you are responsible for responding to email, chat, or phone queries and offering technical support to customers using computer systems, hardware, and software.
To be a successful Help Desk Technician, you should be well-versed in all aspects of computer systems configuration, set up, and maintenance. You should also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Help Desk Technician Responsibilities:
- Responding to queries on the phone, via email, in person, or through remote access.
- Offering technical assistance on the delivery, configuration, set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Training computer users.
- Training other staff on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Gaining feedback from customers to improve training methods.
- Writing and editing training manuals.
- Running reports and analyzing common complaints and problems.
Help Desk Technician Requirements:
- An Associate's degree in computer science or related field.
- A strong working knowledge of computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Good problem-solving, analytical, and team-working skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An openness to learning new technologies.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources