Help Desk Technicians provide technical support to customers using computer systems, software, and hardware. They provide troubleshooting assistance via email, phone, chat, and remote access to configure and maintain systems, hardware, and software.
When interviewing Help Desk Technicians, look for candidates who demonstrate strong technical knowledge, as well as a willingness to keep up-to-date with technological advances. Take note of candidates who lack good interpersonal and communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Help Desk Technicians
1. How do you stay up-to-date on current technology trends?
Demonstrates the candidates' technical knowledge and willingness to learn.
2. What assistance would you offer a difficult customer with hardware issues?
Look for candidates who demonstrate good interpersonal and customer service skills.
3. What would you put on a list of common problems and complaints?
Demonstrates candidates' critical thinking skills.
4. What would you do if you overheard a coworker offering an incorrect solution via the phone to a customer?
Look for candidates who demonstrate good team-working skills as well as customer service skills.
5. How would you handle negative feedback from a customer?
Look for candidates who demonstrate an openness to learning from their mistakes and improving their skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources