Interview Questions for Help Desk Technicians:
1. How do you stay up-to-date on current technology trends?
Demonstrates the candidates' technical knowledge and willingness to learn.
2. What assistance would you offer a difficult customer with hardware issues?
Look for candidates who demonstrate good interpersonal and customer service skills.
3. What would you put on a list of common problems and complaints?
Demonstrates candidates' critical thinking skills.
4. What would you do if you overheard a coworker offering an incorrect solution via the phone to a customer?
Look for candidates who demonstrate good team-working skills as well as customer service skills.
5. How would you handle negative feedback from a customer?
Look for candidates who demonstrate openness to learning from their mistakes and improving their skills.