Support Specialists, also known as Technical Support Specialists, provide technical support to organizations by managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting their IT systems.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Support Specialist Job Description Template
We are seeking a skilled Support Specialist to join our growing organization. You will be responsible for providing technical support to our employees by troubleshooting and resolving issues with our IT systems when they arise.
To be successful as a Support Specialist, you should have an in-depth understanding of computers, hardware components, software issues, and network technologies. Top candidates will also have good interpersonal skills, with an affinity for excellent customer service.
Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting and resolving IT issues in a timely manner.
- Communicating with coworkers to diagnose problems.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software.
- Talking coworkers through the process of fixing technical issues.
- Prioritizing your workload to ensure the most critical issues are resolved first.
- Documenting common support procedures that coworkers can follow.
- Providing support remotely when necessary.
Support Specialist Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.
- Microsoft certification is advantageous.
- Previous experience in a technical support role.
- Experience with remote desktop applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources