Network support technicians develop and maintain IT networks. They monitor network performance, optimize server capacity, and secure networks and data. They also repair network errors at client locations and perform network upgrades.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Network Support Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a results-driven network support technician to enhance and secure our business's computer network. You will be analyzing our network's performance, collaborating with our IT department to increase network capacity, and providing IT support.
To ensure success as a network support technician, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of network infrastructure and experience in a similar role. A first-class network support technician will be someone whose network expertise translates into the fast, stable, and secure exchange of business information.
Network Support Technician Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the IT department on the deployment and maintenance of network technologies.
- Enhancing intranet performance and creating internet domains.
- Testing the exchange of data between computers, servers, modems, and routers.
- Installing, configuring, and updating network software, as well as maintaining hardware and network devices.
- Performing diagnostic tests and repairs, as well as developing data archiving, backup, and retrieval procedures.
- Optimizing server capacity to keep up with demand in online traffic.
- Testing network protocols and ensuring stable and secure server connectivity.
- Training junior IT personnel, providing onsite or remote or technical support, and preparing user manuals.
- Documenting network processes and layouts, as well as enhancing network security.
- Keeping abreast of developments in network infrastructure and technologies.
Network Support Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
- Certified Microsoft, CompTIA, or Cisco network professional preferred.
- At least two years' experience as a network support technician.
- In-depth knowledge of network infrastructure, architecture, connectivity, and security.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Willingness to travel to client locations.
- Availability to perform urgent network repairs outside of business hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources