Network support technicians deploy, maintain, and administer network systems. They optimize the performance of network technologies and infrastructure, provide technical support to end-users, and perform network and server upgrades.
When interviewing network support technicians, look for candidates who demonstrate in-depth knowledge of network configuration and the ability to ensure the efficient transfer of data between network delivery sites. Be wary of candidates with limited experience in network deployment and those with poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Network Support Technicians:
1. Can you describe your approach to maintaining a stable and secure network?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and their knowledge of network technologies, protocols, and protection.
2. In your experience, which network issues can easily be resolved remotely?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience in providing technical support, as well as their ability to eliminate unnecessary and time-consuming site visits.
3. Which methods do you implement to provide efficient end-user support?
Tests the candidate's experience in providing technical support and their ability to predict end-user needs.
4. Can you tell me about a complex network deployment you successfully completed?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge and experience with network infrastructure, protocols, and architecture.
5. How do you stay informed of new network technologies?
Reveals the candidate's ability to keep abreast of developments and trends in their area of specialization.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources