Gynecologists are medical healthcare specialists that diagnose and treat gynecological conditions as well as advise patients on birth control and fertility matters. They may own private practices, or work in women's health clinics, hospitals, or charitable organizations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Gynecologist Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a dedicated and experienced Gynecologist to diagnose and treat patients’ gynecological conditions. The Gynecologist's responsibilities include performing breast examinations, prescribing suitable medications, and identifying malignant tumors within the female reproductive system. You should also be able to advise patients on how to cope with the symptoms of menopause and perimenopause.
To be successful as a Gynecologist, you should keep abreast of the latest developments in gynecology and use the best available treatments on patients. Ultimately, an exceptional Gynecologist should be able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and ensure that doctor-patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Performing annual and regular examinations on patients to diagnose various gynecological conditions.
- Recording and updating patients' medical histories.
- Advising patients on suitable birth control options.
- Performing various diagnostic tests on patients, which include Pap smears, STD tests, ultrasounds, hormone profile blood tests, colposcopies, and endometrial biopsies.
- Explaining test results, diagnoses, and treatment options to patients.
- Performing surgeries and gynecological procedures on patients, such as cervical cryosurgeries, dilation and curettages, pelvic laparoscopies, and sterilizations.
- Referring patients to other healthcare specialists as needed.
- Educating patients on reproductive health issues and disease prevention.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degree.
- State license to practice medicine.
- Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Proven experience working as a Gynecologist.
- The ability to make quick decisions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Empathetic and compassionate.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources