Guest Service Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled guest service manager to oversee the daily operations of our hotel. As a guest service manager, you will ensure that guests are welcomed when they arrive and that they are accompanied to their room. You will manage all lobby activities and see to the functionality of the hotel amenities.
To ensure success as a guest service manager, you will train staff and manage staff schedules and shifts. You will ensure that safety and security measures are in place to ensure the safety of guests and staff. A skilled guest service manager will fulfill requests made by guests to ensure that they have an unforgettable experience.
Guest Service Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the check-in and check-out process runs as smoothly as possible, and that guests are escorted to the correct room.
- Responding to requests or complaints made by guests in a professional and polite manner in order to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Implementing procedures to improve services offered with the aim of attracting more customers.
- Hiring and training staff in matters of professional conduct, and ensuring that there is enough staff at all times by organizing staffing schedules efficiently.
- Supporting service personnel with questions posed by guests and taking over from the support staff if any issues arise.
- Understanding what guest expectations are and anticipating problems in order to prevent complaints.
- Acting as a link between guests and hotel management.
- Attending meetings with management to discuss problems and strategies for improvement.
- Handling cash or payments made by credit card.
- Understanding safety and emergency procedures.
Guest Service Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality management, or hotel management.
- The ability to speak, read, and write the language used in the workplace and knowledge of one or more additional languages is preferred.
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ front desk experience as a hotel manager is preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word and hospitality software.
- A proven track record of being able to lead a team and to multitask.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work beyond scheduled hours, including on weekends.
- An ability to identify areas in need of change or improvement to offer guests an excellent hotel experience.
- Understanding of and compliance with hotel policies and regulations and communicating these clearly to the staff.
- Reporting on daily operations in a timely manner.