Interview Questions for Guest Service Managers:
1. How would you define your management style?
Assesses the candidate’s understanding of what it takes to be an effective manager.
2. Can you describe a time when you delivered excellent customer service?
Demonstrates the candidate’s willingness and ability to go above and beyond what is expected.
3. How would you inform your team of unexpected schedule changes that require them to work overtime?
Reveals the candidate’s ability to handle delicate and potentially emotional situations.
4. In terms of personal development, what steps do you take to expand your knowledge of the job?
Evaluates the candidate’s self-motivation and desire to offer excellent service.
5. Which software program or programs do you consider to be useful in the hospitality industry?
Assesses the candidate’s working knowledge of computer software.