Graduate Engineer Trainees have completed their degree in an engineering discipline and are employed by companies as trainees. They perform all assigned tasks and gain practical experience by using CAD software, working on projects, and writing reports.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Graduate Engineer Trainee Job Description Template
We are searching for a dependable Graduate Engineer Trainee to join our capable team. The Graduate Engineer Trainee will be responsible for completing all tasks assigned by the Supervisor, assisting other Engineers with projects, conducting research, and writing reports. You should be able to follow instructions, but also take initiative and come up with original ideas.
To be successful as a Graduate Engineer Trainee, you should have a growth mindset and a commitment to lifelong learning. Outstanding candidates should be highly observant, willing to assist wherever possible, and eager to readily engage with Engineers outside of their area of specialization.
Graduate Engineer Trainee Responsibilities:
- Understanding project requirements and completing all duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Shadowing senior staff members, asking questions, and assisting wherever possible.
- Raising concerns and making suggestions for improvement where appropriate.
- Conducting research and traveling to sites.
- Observing health and safety regulations at all times.
- Participating in meetings and attending workshops and other training initiatives.
- Analyzing data and writing reports according to specifications.
- Taking notes and sharing your findings with your Supervisor and other relevant stakeholders.
- Establishing professional relationships with staff.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism and diligence.
Graduate Engineer Trainee Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in a technical field would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb time management and professionalism.
- A growth mindset and willingness to accept criticism.
- A valid driver’s license may be required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources