Graduate Assistants act as helpers to their departments, students or professors in a research or administrative capacity. Their primary responsibilities include assisting professors with various administrative tasks, organizing campus events and conducting various research tasks.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Graduate Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for highly organized candidates with an excellent academic track record for the position of Graduate Assistant. Graduate Assistants are responsible for organizing undergraduate events, supervising Residence Assistants, assisting with check-ins and check-outs for each semester and co-authoring research papers with their professors, among other duties.
Graduate Assistants will need to periodically lecture classes and administer meetings, requiring a demonstrated history of leadership positions in student societies.
Graduate Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assisting professors and departments with various administrative tasks.
- Organizing undergraduate events.
- Finding information in libraries.
- Researching internet sources.
- Conducting various research experiments and analyzing data.
- Designing research methodologies or populating literature reviews.
- Undertaking various fieldwork research.
- Co-authoring research papers with their professors.
- Attending seminars and periodically lecturing classes.
- Assuming the role of teaching assistant and assisting with teaching material.
- Assisting their professor with grading papers.
- Conducting building staff meetings.
- Supervising Residence Assistants and assisting with check-ins and check-outs for each semester.
- Administering performance evaluations of student staff.
- Assisting with the management of ceremonies and campus events.
Graduate Assistant Requirements:
- Registered and enrolled in a Graduate degree.
- Good academic record with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Experience with student councils and leadership positions.
- Sound leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Basic computer literacy.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources