Game Animator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a creative game animator to join our video game production team. As the game animator, it will be your responsibility to research, design, and develop top-quality animations for various game genres. You'll also be expected to work alongside the art department to ensure that all visual artwork meets clients' specifications.
To excel in this position, you should be detail-oriented, inventive, and have in-depth knowledge of video game animation technology and software. Ultimately, a top-notch game animator should be a team player who is able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Game Animator Responsibilities:
- Compiling design briefs and reports that detail the requirements needed to complete an order.
- Researching video game animation trends, techniques, and statistics.
- Designing and producing top-quality animations that meet our company's standards.
- Collaborating with programmers and developers to ensure that all design briefs are adhered to.
- Using computer software and hardware systems to create interactive animations and special effects.
- Presenting ideas and research findings to management and potential investors.
- Representing our company at video game showcases, presentations, and exhibitions.
- Outlining long-term objectives for special projects that exceed standard video game production time.
Game Animator Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in computer art and/or animation.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a game animator.
- A comprehensive digital portfolio of completed projects.
- Experience in modeling, rigging, and skinning models for video games.
- Good understanding of video game development and the art-creation process.
- Strong grasp of Photoshop, Maya, and 3ds Max.
- Exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
- A creative eye for art direction and video game special effects.