Game programmers contribute their programming expertise to all stages of game development. They collaborate with game design and programming teams, select suitable game architectures, and translate game concepts into effective code.
When interviewing game programmers, look for candidates with experience in full lifecycle development and the ability to integrate the latest gaming trends into designs. Be wary of candidates with poor collaboration and time management skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Game Programmers:
1. Can you describe your approach to determining programming requirements?
Evaluates the candidate's experience in collaborating on game design and demonstrates their communication skills.
2. What game programming information do you routinely document?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and proficiency in documenting game development stages.
3. Can you explain how you stay informed of game industry trends?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of relevant resources and their ability to keep up with the latest game technologies and trends.
4. Which game architecture do you find the most versatile? Why?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge of game frameworks and their ability to select suitable platforms.
5. Can you tell me about a major game programming challenge you resolved?
Highlights the candidate's knowledge and experience, as well as their analytical and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources