Freight Handlers move inbound and outbound freight at storage facilities. They ensure the safe handling of freight, accurately log freight items, and coordinate the movement of freight with co-workers. They also perform regular safety checks on specialized equipment.
When interviewing Freight Handlers, look for candidates with extensive experience in handling freight, and those who can prioritize safety and prevent damage to freight. Avoid candidates who lack knowledge of industry software and those with limited communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Freight Handlers:
1. Can you share a few of your tips to keep track of where freight is stored?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and experience with freight storage.
2. Describe a time when you successfully moved a challenging load. What happened?
Highlights the candidate's candidate's experience, skill level, and problem-solving abilities.
3. Can you tell me how you coordinate freight movement with your co-workers?
Reveals the candidate's experience and their methods.
4. Which safety tips would you share with an inexperienced forklift operator?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge and their ability to promote a safe work environment.
5. Can you describe your experience with Warehouse Management Software?
Reveals the candidate's experience with software used in the freight industry.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources